- Zinc reacts with hydrochloric acid according to the equation below:
Zn(s) + 2HCl(aq) → ZnCl2(aq) + H2(g)
Which of the following graphs between volume (V) of hydrogen against time (t) is correct?
- Diagram below shows the apparatus set-up involves in the preparation of a soluble salt.
Which of the following could be X ?
- Sodium carbonate
- Potassium carbonate
- Magnesium carbonate
- Ammonium carbonate
- Diagram below shows the apparatus set-up for the reaction between an acid and a metal to produce a salt.
Which of the following is not metal X?
- In the saponification process, concentrated sodium hydroxide solution is added to boiling vegetable oils to produce X and soap. What is X?
- Propanoic acid
- Ethyl methanoate
- The following thermochemical equation shows the formation of lead (II) sulphate.
Pb2+ + SO42- → PbSO4
ΔH = -50 kJ mol−1
Which of the following statements is true regarding the reaction?
- White precipitate is formed
- Reaction is exothermic
- Temperature decreases during the reaction
- The heat released when 0.2 mole of lead(II) ions react is 10.0 kJ
- Which of the following gases contains 0.35 mol of atoms at room temperature and pressure?
[1 mole of a gas occupies the volume of 24 dm3 at room temperature and pressure]
- 4 dm3 Ar
- 4 dm3 Cl2
- 4 dm3 CH4
- 4 dm3 CO2
- Diagram below shows the label on a bottle of an orange juice.
Which substance will enhanced the flavour and smell of the orange juice?
- Octyl ethanoate
- Sulphur dioxide
- Ascorbic acid
- The following equation represents the reaction between calcium carbonate and hydrochloric acid. Which of the following factors cannot increase the rate of this reaction?
CaCO3 (s) + 2HCl(aq) → CaCl2(s) + H2O(l) + CO2(g)
- Decrease the size of calcium carbonate
- Increase the temperature of the mixture
- Increase the concentration of hydrochloric acid
- Increase the volume of hydrochloric acid
- The rusting of an iron nail in a test tube containing water can be speed up by
- Coiling it with a more electropositive metal
- Placing the test tube in a refrigerator
- Adding sodium chloride into the test tube
- Pouring a layer of oil on top of the water in the test tube
- Diagram below shows the position of element of T and U in the Periodic Table.
Which of the following is the formula of compound formed when T element reacts with U element?